ClinCard Cardholder FAQ: Europe
How do I use my ClinCard?
- In-Store Purchases
- Online Purchases
- ATM to get cash
How do I activate my ClinCard?
Your ClinCard is activated once the card is registered to you by the study coordinator at your clinical site. Please immediately sign the back of the card and call the Customer Service number to retrieve your PIN.
How do I retrieve my PIN?
Your PIN is a randomly-selected 4-digit number that can be retrieved by calling the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System. To hear your PIN through the IVR system, follow these steps:
- Call the Customer Service number found on the back of the card:
Toll-Free Calls: +800 83830123
All other calls not supported by Toll-Free: +44 (0) 203 139 9028
- Follow the prompts to select the desired language
If desired language is not available, select 1 for English and then press 0 for a live operator.
- Enter your 16-digit card number followed by the # key
- When prompted to enter your PIN, press 1 to retrieve your PIN.
- Enter your DOB (Date of Birth) followed by the # key.
The DOB should be entered in the following format: the 2-digit day number,
followed by the 2-digit month number, followed by the 2-digit year number.
Example: if your birthday is July 20, 1980, you should enter 20 for the day, 07
for the month, and 80 for the year.
- Your PIN will be read to you. If you need to repeat this message, simply return to the main menu and follow prompts to hear your PIN again.
Can I reset my PIN?
Your PIN is embedded in the chip on the card and therefore cannot be changed. To retrieve your PIN through the IVR system, follow the steps above.
What Customer Service is available?
- Cardholder Website (www.clincard.mycardplace.com)
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system in: English, French, German , Italian, Spanish, Polish, Swedish, Czech
- Live Agents: Live support is available Monday-Sunday 24 hours a day in English, Spanish, and French
Toll-Free: +800 83830123
United Kingdom: 0203 139 9028
All Other Calls: +44 (0) 203 139 9028
* Live agents will utilize over-the-phone interpretation services for languages other than those listed above.
How do I check my available balance and transaction history?
- Create an account on www.clincard.mycardplace.com
- Call Customer Service and follow the prompts through the IVR (see above for contact information)
- Balance Inquiry at ATM
*If you are expecting a payment that is not yet reflected in your balance or transaction history, please contact your clinical site.
How can funds be added to my ClinCard?
- Only the clinical site who provided the card to you can add additional funds.
- The card cannot be reloaded at a bank with cash or a fund transfer from your bank account.
Are there any fees when using my ClinCard?
There are no fees* for:
- Making online or in-store purchases
- Calling the automated system for balance inquiries
- Calling the Customer Service number and speaking to a live agent
The following activities will incur a fee* to the balance on your ClinCard:
- Not using the card or having funds added to your card for more than 6 months will incur a monthly fee.
- ATM withdrawals (fees vary based on location)
- Requesting a replacement card through Customer Service or the cardholder website - check with your clinical site first
- Using your card outside of EEA countries will incur a foreign exchange fee
*See Terms and Conditions and the supplemental Fee Schedule for additional information
What if the amount of the purchase is for more than the balance on my ClinCard?
If the payment due is for more than the available balance on your card, be sure to inform the cashier of the designated amount you would like to use. Otherwise, if the card is authorized for an amount higher than the available balance, it will be declined. The merchant cannot provide the available balance.
What should I do if my ClinCard is lost, stolen or damaged and needs to be replaced?
If you have previously registered your account on www.clincard.mycardplace.com, please login to your account and follow these steps:
- Click "Additional Services" on the top navigation bar
- Click the option "Reissue Card"
- On this screen, you will be given three options:
- Option 1 temporarily prevents use of this card, allowing the "block" to be reversed if you locate your card. To reactive your temporarily blocked card, please call Customer Service and request the card to be unblocked.
- Option 2 permanently prevents use of this card and automatically reissues a replacement card with the same card number for a fee. To obtain a replacement card at no cost, which will include funds transferred from the damaged card, please contact the person who originally provided this card.
- Option 3 permanently prevents use of this card and automatically reissues a replacement card with a new card number for a fee. It will be shipped to the address on file and will take approximately 5-7 business days to reach you. To obtain a replacement card at no cost, which will include funds transferred from the lost/stolen card, please contact the person who originally provided this card after temporarily blocking your card (using option 1).
- Before ordering a replacement card, please visit your account profile to ensure your address is correct. If incorrect, please reach out to the person that provided you with the card in order to have the address updated before requesting a replacement card shipment.
If you have not previously registered an account on www.clincard.mycardplace.com, please call Customer Service immediately to report your card lost or stolen. If you think that there has been an unauthorized transaction made using your card you must notify Customer Service immediately (see above for contact information).
How do I activate my replacement ClinCard once I receive it?
If your clinical site provides you with a replacement card, it has already been activated and any remaining funds on the old card have already been transferred to the new card. You will need to call Customer Service to retrieve your new PIN.
If you have ordered a replacement card via Customer Service or via the Cardholder Website, the replacement card will arrive in the mail. In order to activate the card and hear your new PIN, please call Customer Service and follow the prompts on the automated system.
Is my card limited for use at certain merchants?
Based on the limited number of fund loads for this Card, the Card should not be used for:
- Pre-authorized regular payments
Additionally, certain merchants may put a pre-authorization hold on your card:
- Self-service petrol pumps. For use at petrol stations, a requested amount of your available balance should be provided to an attendant and not at the self-service pump.*
* Be sure to speak with the merchant first before using your card at these locations
How do I dispute a transaction?
You may file a dispute via email, by downloading the Dispute Form on the cardholder website, or by calling Customer Service
If filing a dispute online, follow these steps:
- Login to your account at www.clincard.mycardplace.com
- Click the "Additional Services" tab on the top navigation bar
- Click the option "Dispute Form"
- The dispute form will automatically download. Please follow the instructions on the form to complete the dispute process.
If filing a dispute over the phone, follow these steps:
- Call Customer Service (see numbers above)
- Follow prompts to login to the IVR system
- Press 0 for a Customer Service Agent
- The Customer Service Agent will assist you in filing a dispute